Justine is a compassionate attorney who provides the emotional support and legal guidance required in all family law matters. Appreciating that life and relationships are unique for each person, Justine approaches each case with an open mind and works with her clients to determine the case strategy best suited for their circumstances.
Since being admitted to the California State Bar in 2020, Justine has exclusively practiced in family law. With extensive litigation experience, Justine embraces the opportunity to advocate for her clients in court. She also understands that the financial and emotional demands of litigation can sometimes be avoided and encourages a collaborative approach where appropriate.
Justine received her B.A. from the University of California, Davis where she studied Sociology and Women’s Studies, both with an emphasis in Gender & Law. Having grown up playing sports, Justine was also captain of the UC Davis Women’s Rugby team.
Inspired by the youth she mentored in Yolo County’s Juvenile Facility, Justine went on to receive her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law. There she was awarded the Public Interest Law Certificate in recognition of her work with the Racial Justice Clinic and the city’s local non-profit organizations serving marginalized communities.
Justine completed a Judicial Externship with the San Francisco Unified Family Law division, followed by a legal internship with the Family Violence Law Center (FVLC) rendering legal services to survivors of domestic violence. Passionate about family law and access to legal services, Justine is a frequent volunteer with the Family Law Day of Court program and the Family Law Clinic hosted by the Alameda County Bar Association. She also provides free legal services to litigants through San Francisco's Justice & Diversity Center.
Having a strong interest in social justice reform and issues that impact the LGBTQIA+ community, you can find Justine at "Know Your Rights" workshops hosted by the National Lawyers Guild or legal clinics providing name and gender change services to transgender or gender non-conforming individuals.
Outside work hours Justine enjoys hiking, climbing, exploring new restaurants, and spending quality time with family and friends.
- California State Bar, 2020
Professional Associates & Memberships
- Member, California Bar Association (Family Law Section) 2020 - Present
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association (Family Law Section) 2020 - Present
- Mentee, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) 2021 – Present
- Member, Women Lawyers of Alameda County 2020 – Present
- 2023 Northern California Rising Star Recipient
- 2021 Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- University of San Francisco, School of Law, May 2019
- Juris Doctorate and Public Interest Certificate
- University of California, Davis, June 2016
- B.A. in Sociology: Law & Society, B.A. Women & Gender Studies